Chronic Metabolic Diseases (CMD) is dedicated to advance our knowledge of the epidemiology, pathophysiology, prevention, and treatment of chronic metabolic diseases. We publish works from basic biomedical to translational and clinical research on metabolism.
CMD’s scope includes obesity, diabetes, fatty liver, atherosclerosis, osteoporosis, dyslipidemia, and gout. Elucidating metabolic changes in tumorigenesis and ageing are also welcome, which sheds light on identifying novel pharmacological targets for cancer or ageing. To promote cross-disciplinary research and collaboration, we publish works of interest to researchers both in the area but also outside the immediate field.
Topics of particular interest include but are not limited to:
- Epidemiological/environmental factors of chronic metabolic diseases
- Hormonal, neuronal, immunological or microbial regulation of chronic metabolic diseases
- Diet, nutrition, and nutraceuticals
- New strategies to establish models
- Novel methods
- Inter-tissue crosstalk
- Microbiome research
- Novel discoveries of biomarkers
- Novel theories and mechanisms
- Novel pharmacological targets
- Crosstalk between metabolism and immunology in chronic metabolic diseases
- OMICS and muti-OMICS studies
- Evidence-based medicine